- Curious to learn more about buyer personas as an audience segmentation tool? Here’s your chance! This week’s blog post, by Convosphere’s Porto-based Senior Manager, Natália Leão, explores how to successfully develop buyer personas through social listening.
- Tech is a male-dominated industry with women representing as little as 30 percent of roles. What’s more, the typical female-centric jobs are significantly lower paid than the male equivalents. This is to a large extent due to the type of language used in the job descriptions and the wording chosen by companies to describe their ideal candidates, as found by a recent study. Think you can spot the gendered terms in job ads? Take this quiz!
- We’d be the first to admit there’s fun to be had in playing around with different filters to add that final touch to our Instagram pics. But in our eyes, boosting the colour contrast in a landscape photo is a far cry from smoothing out all the lines and doubling the size of your lips in a selfie in a bid to attract double taps. Now, the growing trend of ‘Snapchat dysmorphia‘ is seeing social media users undergo plastic surgery to match real life to their edited headshots. Frightening or fascinating? Share your views with us.
- Reaching out to tech-savvy consumers is a challenge for marketers, who are constantly looking for innovative ways to get their message across to their target audience. This article explains why influencer marketing has become such a popular method in recent years, and how to collaborate with influencers to get the best result.
- Did you know that the original set of 176 emojis was created for a Japanese telecoms company back in 1997? Despite the latest version containing over 2,700 characters, it’s not always possible to find the one that captures your mood. Here’s how to design your own emoji, and, if you’re particularly proud of your creation, what you need to do to have it added to the official set. 😊👍😄
Have something to add? Please feel free to contribute and tell us social listening news from your country!
We want to hear about the social landscape in the place you call home.